Sunday, May 8, 2016

MAYrathon Day 8: Pumpkin Pie Soda

It's Mother's Day. If you haven't already, get off your ass, stop reading my stupid words and go call your mom! We all have certain things that make us think of our moms and many of us can equate certain scents to growing up. My mom is a barber so whenever I smell certain hair products, I am immediately transported back to being a nine year old kid watching TV while my mom was cutting hair in the basement. Another is smelling certain foods cooking in the kitchen as I desperately waited to hear my mom yell up, "come wash your hands." That always meant dinner was ready, and it was almost always delicious. One of my favorite things to eat, for dessert anyway, was pumpkin pie. So what better way to honor 33 years of having the best mom ever than to suck down some pumpkin pie soda.
I'm no stranger to pumpkin pie, pumpkin flavored things OR Jones Soda. I've reviewed several different pumpkin flavored drinks and beers in the past, but this is the first time I've tried something that claims to be pumpkin PIE flavored. And I trust Jones soda as a brand; they've never been anything but straight shooters in my book. About a year ago, I did a review on Jones Soda PB&J flavor and by golly, it tasted just like a PB&J sandwich. Even back in the early 2000s when Jones would put out their holiday gift packs, no matter what the flavor: turkey, green bean casserole, creamed corn, etc - it tasted exactly like what it claimed to be - for better or for worse. I wish I could get my hand on some of those old Holiday Packs, but even my iron stomach probably couldn't handle fifteen year old Smoked Salmon Pate Soda. 

Alright I'm excited; no more yapping. I break open the seal and it smells just like a pumpkin pie. Like the spices are just perfect. The taste is spot on too. I mainly taste the nutmeg and cinnamon over the actual pumpkin, but for a soda trying to be a solid food, it doesn't get much better than this. I'm going to finish this whole thing and then call my mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment