Friday, May 27, 2016

MAYrathon Day 27: Gingerbread Soda


Oh, the weather outside is 80
And the fire makes it hotter than Haiti
But since my social life is dead
Gingerbread, gingerbread, gingerbread (soda)

Yes there's nothing like the taste of the holidays in late March. Chestnuts are molding behind the closed fire, Jack Frost is on vacation in Barbados, and the carolers are busy avoiding my door because of...retraining orders. So in the spirit of the holidays, let's try some gingerbread soda.

I honestly don't have a ton to say leading up to tasting this one. There's little information about the beverage online or on the bottle except the image of two smiling cookies, one who has been murdered, gracing the front label. It's an odd, ginger-ale colored liquid, and the ingredients are your standard not-cookies. This may be a pretty short review, but all I really want to do is open it up and see if it tastes like gingerbread or not, so no stalling or backstory today - let's just dive in. 

The smell is unique. Not quite gingerbread but more like a toffee scent. Let's give it a taste.
Very low on the carbonation. Insanely sweet. Still not exactly like a gingerbread cookie, but I certainly taste some type of cookie/candy hybrid. If I had to come up with a comparison, I would say it tastes a lot like a Butterfinger. Yep. This is a Butterfinger soda. It's not bad; like I said - not a ton to say on this one. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go shovel some snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment