Sunday, May 14, 2017

MAYrathon 2.0 Day 14 - Melba's Fixins Coffee Cake Soda


Happy Mother's Day Everyone!

If there's one thing we can all agree on, it's that Lester of Lester's Fixins soda line is a maniac. Lester, working under the scrutiny of Rocket Fizz, has made such "memorable" flavors as Buffalo Wing, Sweet Corn, Coffee, Maple Syrup and the only soda to have ever made me throw up - Ranch Dressing. Lester has become an internet icon with all sorts of Youtubers trying and critiquing his weird concoctions. Check out this video to see what I mean:

But apparently the old miser Lester actually has a wife who is also in the soda creating business, Melba. But Melba is not out to destroy taste buds and souls like Lester, no, her mission is to take some of the most famous desserts and turn them into a bubbly, fizzy drink to be loved by all. I've come across Melba's drinks before, but this would be my first time trying one. With a tempting sounding lineup such as Key Lime Pie, Apple Pie, Birthday Cake and others, I was drawn to coffee cake as I've certainly never had a liquid for of one of my favorite pastries. 

The label is pretty generic and there are definitely no actual dessert ingredients except for sugar and caramel coloring. Like Lester's, the tagline: "Y'all Get Yer Fixins!" is affixed to the front of the label. The liquid inside appears to a light brown like the time I had a gingerbread soda. Upon opening the bottle and giving it a sniff, there is definitely an overwhelming scent of sweet dessert pastry. I don't know if I would say it's EXACTLY coffee cake, but it's pretty darn close. OK, down the hatch - Wow that's crazy! Again, I don't know if I'm tasting 100% coffee cake, but it's definitely a pastry or donuts flavored soda. There's sugar, icing, caramel and cake flavorings - it's delicious. Unlike dumb ass Lester, I will for sure be on the lookout for the rest of Melba's Fixins!  


1 comment: