Thursday, May 11, 2017

MAYrathon 2.0 Day 11 - King Kong Cola

Son of a...this jerk again. Homeboy is trying to Single White Female me!


So today we have King Kong Cola. Why? I don't know, but I'm sure it has something to do with the new Skull Island movie coming out. It's a cool looking bottle and besides the photo and a brief mention of King Kong being a trademark, the bottle itself is otherwise pretty nondescript. It's from Rocket Fizz, and they make a few varieties of cola which I've never had, so I wonder if they're all just from the same batch with a fancy new sticker on it. There's little info online about this one. Even the Rocket Fizz website just shows a picture of the bottle and says, "Great Monster Flavor." That's it.

How to make RC Cola
There's a reason I pretty much never do cola reviews (even though I have another one lined up this month). Actually there's two reasons. 1. I'm not a huge cola fan. I like Coke Zero and Pepsi. I can tolerate Coke. I hate Diet Coke. RC Cola is Satan's fartbox. So whenever I am on the lookout for obscure sodas, cola ranks up there as being about as weird as rain in Seattle. 2. All colas have three distinct flavors. Coke. Pepsi. Not Coke or Pepsi. Seriously, every generic cola I've ever had, including Shaq Backsweat flavored RC Cola...sucks! I've never found one I like. But I admit the celebrity tie-in with ole' Konger was enough to intrigue me enough to pick it up and throw it into my cart. Let's see what we got.


As expected, it has a generic cola smell to it. It's unmistakable. Like every single not Coke or Pepsi I have ever tried. Let's hope the taste is at least tolerable...it's fine. Mild. Cola. Not as bad as RC, but definitely just a run-of-the-mill cola. I'd put it a step above generic grocery store cola, but not by much. I bet Jeff Bridges would like it.





No comments:

Post a Comment