Monday, May 22, 2017

MAYrathon Day 22 - San Francisco Fog Soda


This one is definitely the oldest that I have in my fridge and probably the one I have the least to say about really. I bought this at the same time I tried the grass and dirt sodas which was probably about a year ago. I was going to do some type of Captain Planet elements theme soda marathon, but I got too lazy and threw this one in the back of the fridge for a rainy (or foggy) day. 

Like I said, I don't have a ton to say about this one. I've never been to San Francisco, but I know it's pretty foggy, so...truth in advertising I guess. This is another from Rocket Fizz, and true to their typical form, there's little information given. They did a good job of making the clearish liquid look foggy. It's like sprite but denser. The bottle has a picture of the famous bridge (Old Ben?) and at the bottom tells me to, "Drink Fog." Generic soda ingredients, but the only one that caught my eye is caramel color. That's used in sodas like Dr. Pepper to give it more of a brown texture. But this soda is borderline clear. I'm not sure why that was used. (Old Ben?)


As is typical with Rocket Fizz, it doesn't really say what the flavor is supposed to be, so I guess it's once again up to me to figure it out. Upon opening it and giving it a sniff, it smells like sweetened chemicals. At first, there's a nice scent like the stuff they used to make their marshmallow soda, but immediately after, I'm attacked with a whiff of metallic chemicals. I wonder if it's because it's expired? Oh well, ever onward! (sips). I think this IS the marshmallow soda but with some extra metal. It tastes like marshmallows on the front and the same metal taste on the back that the butter soda had. Weird. I'm gonna just dump this one out. It's almost summer, and I don't want to spend tomorrow vomiting fog particles all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment