Tuesday, May 23, 2017

MAYrathon 2.0 Day 23 - Pepsi Fire

We interrupt our regularly scheduled review where I was going to eat some shitty canned fruit from Thailand to bring you - Pepsi Fire! This one has been on the rumor mill market for weeks now, and I've been keeping my eyes peeled. Today I happened across a 12 pack and had to buy one. If you're a soda freak like me, act fast because Pepsi is only planning to keep it around until the end of June. Which sucks if I end up liking it. But that's Pepsi's M.O., besides the reliable classics, Pepsi will release something new and/or strange, keep it on the market for a bit and then take it away forever. After a humble resurgence, Crystal Pepsi is once again all but a memory. If you look up failed Pepsi products online, there's a crazy long list. Let's take a look at the TOP 5 FAILED PEPSI PRODUCTS:

1. For about a year, Pepsi decided to compete with coffee and came out with Pepsi AM. It was in 1989, so I have no memory of it, and I don't know if it was just Pepsi with a new name or a new formula, but either way, the coffee folk weren't having it.


2. I was very much a fan of Pepsi Next, Pepsi's attempt to dethrone Coke Zero. Paradise Mango was probably my favorite cola soda flavor ever. And then Pepsi just took it off the shelves for reasons unknown.

Remember this one? It came around during Christmas from 2004-2006, but no one cared.

Marketed to the early 2000s rapcore fans with expensive Papa Roach videos, this one never caught on and I doubt many people remember it today.

And...Oh Yea...this ALREADY EXISTED.

That's my biggest issue with this drink. What if I love it? I know, like everything else, it'll be gone sooner than later. Well I have a brand new 2017 Pepsi Fire can in front of me right now, and it's time to see if the gimmick machine has another hit or miss on their hands. The cola, which claims to have natural and artificial cinnamon flavors smells like a regular Pepsi. I'm not getting anything different scent-wise. A couple of gulps in, and yes, I'm a fan. It is exactly what would happen if you dropped an atomic fireball candy into a Pepsi. It's not hot or spicy in any way; but just a smooth, refreshing cinnamon cola. Whisky drinkers - pour a little JD in the can - you won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment