Sunday, May 7, 2017

MAYrathon 2.0 Day 7 - Butter!? Soda


Today marks my 100th review. It only took four years to get there...go me. 
My first ever review was Shaq Soda - which was discontinued before I finished the can. 


Awhile back, I did a review on Jelly Belly's Sour Cherry Soda and talked about how awesome it would be if they made a soda out of my favorite flavor - buttered popcorn. Well, until that happens, I've stumbled across possibly the next best thing: Butter Soda! I took a trip to my local Rocket Fizz this weekend and saw mostly the usual stuff until I came across the bright yellow bottle and knew it had to be mine. This is a pretty new product so there's very little online info about it. And honestly, this will likely be a pretty short review as a.) I've talked about Rocket Fizz multiple times and b.) everyone knows what butter is, so I don't really need to go over a backstory or anything like that. Just open your fridge, look on the door and go, "oh yea, that." So let's get right into the good stuff.

I can't believe it's Real Cane Sugar.


As I said, the glass bottle is clear, showing the neon yellow liquid. The bottle has a simple label that says Butter Soda, shows a typical stick of butter and proclaims to have real cane sugar. Nothing else to it really. Let's open the bottle up. And yep, it smells like butter. Unfortunately not like Jelly Belly Buttered Popcorn, but real, genuine butter. But does it taste like it???? Strangely yes. There's obviously sugar in it to make it a legit soda, but the flavor is so authentic that it actually feels like it's slimy butter rolling down your throat even though it's just liquid. It does such a good job simulating actual butter that I'm pretty blown away. Just for the novelty of it, I recommend this to everyone. Pour it in a glass and tell your douche neighbor that it's a lemonade and wait for the laughs and high fives to come aplenty. Now if they only made a roll soda, I could convert to a complete liquid diet.




No comments:

Post a Comment