Thursday, May 25, 2017

MAYrathon 2.0 Day 25 - Rocket Piss Bitterscotch Soda


I'm not feeling this one. I feel like they're trying too hard to be cool and clever, but of course, the label did intrigue me enough to shell out my hard earned cash, so here I sit. This is Rocket Piss - Bitterscotch Soda. Amazingly, NOT a product of Rocket Fizz - that would make too much sense. This comes to us from the Real Soda Company, essentially the red-headed stepchild of Rocket Fizz. I've had a headache all day today and aren't feeling too creative, so I'm just going to dive right in here.

The liquid is, of course, a pee yellow color, and the picture on the label appears to be an alien fish pissing from his mouth in a rainbow arc into a champagne glass with the planet Saturn looks on in disgust. I can't make this up. It also says: "Bitter Butterscotch Soda that Glows in the Dark." Spoiler: It doesn't. I tried all the tried and true techniques to make something glow but to no avail. Finally, printed on the glass label, it says: "Get Pissed." I intend to, Real Soda...I intend to. Open up the bottle and it really has no smell at all. Not even a subtle one. Drink time. Truth in advertising - it's a butterscotch soda but bitter. But why? No one would actually like this piss. Who wants to drink something bitter? Or named after urine? Besides me of course...sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment