Tuesday, May 9, 2017

MAYrathon 2.0 Day 9 - Not See Kola


Alright. Let's cut through the BS here and get right down to brass tacks. This soda is called Not See Kola. Now say it quickly out loud...that's right..."NAZI KOLA." Oh my God! There's actually a beverage in 2017 sorta called Nazi Kola???? Well, truth be told, I've known about this one for a long time, and wanted to try it for a very specific reason which I'll say in a moment. But, here at the beverage shack, I'm not a big fan of racial, religious or sexual jokes, so I'm going to try and keep this one tame based on the subject matter. My grandfather served in WWII, so I'm not going to reach for any low-hanging Nazi/Jewish joke fruit.

But I did say I've wanted to try this one for quite some time. Why? Bran Jones, AKA the Cinema Snob is a video reviewer who specializes in two things: reviewing Z grade horror movies and eating weird crap. He was actually my inspiration to start this blog. He was also one of the largest voices urging Pepsi to bring back Crystal Clear Pepsi. It was his favorite and he talked about it all the time. Years ago, he reviewed Not See Kola and swore up and down that it tasted JUST like Crystal Clear Pepsi. Since having recently tasted the revived Crystal Clear Pepsi this year, I decided I needed to check it out and see for myself.
OK maybe ONE joke
The clear bottle is full of propaganda-like sayings in German which translate to "From the other side of the wall" and "All Clear." And stamped on the clear bottle is the phrase "Crystal Clear Emergency." It also features a German Eagle chugging a soda with talons that look suspiciously like swastikas. There's a website at the top of the bottle, but it leads to a Domain For Sale site, so maybe they went out of business? eBay has one bottle on sale for $40.00, so maybe people just weren't about supporting Nazi sodas. Although Amazon does appear to sell it cheap and fresh, so I don't know if we'll ever know the real story. I hate Nazis. I love soda. Let's drink. 

I bust open the bottle and, I must say, it smells like Crystal Clear Pepsi. The smell is dead on. And wow, so is the taste! This is 100% Crystal Clear Pepsi. This is really, really tasty and I hate that I love it so much. The folks at Skeleteens, the company who apparently made this and possibly went out of business, has the right formula. They just need to repackage it with a less offensive title. May I recommend May the Best Man Win Clear Cola or maybe CLEARLY we should all get along Kola. Hit me up, Skeleteens, I can be your idea man!


No comments:

Post a Comment