Monday, August 26, 2013

My Beverage Collection: Part Two

Previously on Matty Mac's Beverage Shack: I showed some old bottles and cans from my collection and nobody was interested.

And now the exciting conclusion!

The sprite bottle was a stocking stuffer gift from my parents several years ago. It's shaped like a Christmas ornament and pretty unique, so I held on to it. As a big fan of The Simpsons, I had to keep both the Flaming Moe's and Duff Energy drinks in my collection; the latter being a 24 pack 30th birthday gift from my friends Adam and Kristen. Both were very tasty and I recommend them to any fans of energy drinks. Next, last year, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the NBA USA Dream Team, several beverages came out with a commemorative can of soda. My favorite basketball player was always David Robinson, so I grabbed this one up. Finally, St. Peter's Golden Ale, a gift from my brother on my golden 30th birthday. The beer itself wasn't anything amazing, but it's by far the coolest bottle design I've ever come across. Almost like a flask from a time gone by.


This batch of random beers don't really have much story to them, I just kept them because I thought they were cool. The first three were gifts from my parents one year for Christmas and I really liked the Al Capone theme to them. Next is the D-Light from the Detroit-based Atwater Brewery; it uses the old English D synonymous with the Detroit Tigers. Next is Cave Creek Chili Beer. A beer I stumbled across with my dad that featured a real chili pepper within the beer. It was awesome! Next, Chocolate Covered Maple Flavored Bacon Soda (phew) was one of the first inspirations I had to start writing about my adventures in beverage consumption. That one is followed by Gumball Head beer, my all-time favorite. Finally, I have no idea the significance of the last beer but...it looks cool.

 The next cluster of drinks are all from Two Brothers Brewery. None are particularly rare or unique (although I don't think Heavy Handed is too common), but I've just always liked their bottle designs and visited the brewery last year. Next is a custom label I ordered as part of a Christmas gift for my parents. They brewed their own beer; Tom and Sharon's Electric Brew-Galoo. Following that is Anchor Brewery 2012 Merry Christmas Ale; only significant because it was the last purchase I ever made in my twenties. Finally, the awesome Darth Vader Energy Cola. a Pepsi exclusive from Japan that my godmother got me for Christmas last year.

The final two items of note are this 7 Up bottle that I got in a random white elephant several years back. I wish I could remember who gave it to me because it's so unique and interesting. It is definitely old, and features a felt label around the bottle, but other than that - I know nothing about it. It's just a really cool addition to my collection. Then there's a knight. And finally, the Gumball Head Beer tapper that my buddy Bryan secured for me because he knew it was my favorite beer.

Well that's that...

No comments:

Post a Comment