Monday, December 2, 2013

Teriyaki Soda



OK who hasn't had this thought: you're drinking an ice cold Pepsi. Sure it's good and a flavor you've come to rely on, but it could really use more Asian sauce condiment. Well my friend, do I have the beverage for you! It's Teriyaki soda brought to you by...uh...company unknown. It has a distributor on the label, but that's about it. Apparently it's one of the many "ramune" sodas popular in Japan and known for it's distinct bottle and marble-sealed glass bottles. I kinda wish I would have looked up this stuff before I tried to open the bottle earlier which, because it was such a task, I made a video just on the challenges of opening the ramune bottle. Check it out at the bottom of this review. Well, I've been screwed by China's claim to beverage deliciousness, so let's see what Japan has to offer.

Smell/First Sip:
Because I go into a lot of detail in the video, I'm going to skip my usual discussion on the appearance of the bottle. But if your someone who hates my voice and just likes my smooth typin' style, let me sum it up for you: it has a stupid marble and took me four minutes to open. Moving on...let's go in for a smell. Well, I gotta be honest, it smells like teriyaki sauce. I also gotta be honest once more - I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Let's give it a go. Ok first of all, this bottle is so stupid. I have to put my entire mouth over the giant blue thing to get to the tiny hole in the center (no dick jokes please). All the while, this dumbass marble is just jauntily rocking back and forth as I drink. I DON'T GET IT RAMUNE!!! And it's six ounces, so I'm halfway through the bottle after my first sip. But what does it taste like? As it touches your toungue it's a sweet tang, so you swallow thinking that everything is cool. Then the aftertaste hits you and all you can taste is...McNuggets. Yep. This is a soda that tastes like McNuggets. I think I'm going to go cry tears of grease for a few hours.

Overall:
I said it tastes like McNuggets. DON'T DRINK THIS!







2 comments:

  1. This sounds like my worst nightmare. Kudos for getting it open, but I think I would have puked at the smell alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley and her friends LOVE those bottles with the marbles. Maybe it's a teen thing?

    ReplyDelete